Belle epoque was an era that presented Greece with delightful, bewitchingly exquisite masterpieces in art, culture, and architecture that ensnare the senses and emotions. This wedding inspired by the clever use of color palettes, intricate design and the unique backdrop of a 19th-century house makes for an impeccable recipe that every old-world romance loving bride would find delectable.
Maria Silla from Tie the Knot Santorini ‘s vision focused largely on the female experience yet without pontificating. Along with Weddings & Whimsy and Betty Flowers Santorini, we wished to bring to life an inspiration with all the elements of a Mediterranean fete, that screams full-on luxury and includes pastel shades and color pops that come into their own during summer, and worked perfectly with the Monstera leaf invitation suites and paper goods designed by Bright White Invitations.
I simply fell for the bridal accessories, the headpiece and feathered heels we got from Savrani Creations a perfect match to our intricate dove-embroidery embellished Made Bride by Antonea dress. Our groom sported attire styled by It’s A Man’s Class who made certain to add personality to the groom’s look with plaid and nautical colors. Haute jeweler Kousvelaris had our bride surprised with three engagement rings, a large round sage-colored diamond, a square emerald and a rectangular purple fancy stone with a diamond halo. The bride’s makeup was kept clean and fresh, accentuating our gorgeous model’s features with peach tones and bold lashes.
We were thrilled to have been granted access to shoot in this particular house which carries a lot of history on the island’s lineage and has been home to generations of mariners and their loves. A perfectly preserved facade, and interior chambers with still intact early 20th-century furniture, flooring, and heirlooms that have passed from father to son, a beautiful front yard (avli) adorned with ferns and blossoming native shrubs, unfolded its beauty and added a sense of drama to our shoot. Towards the end of our shoot, we walked the walk every couple who ties the knot in Santorini should, wandering off in the narrow streets and taking to the blue painted bell towers that stud the town of Oia.
* Cordination: https://www.thesecretowl.com
* Styling & Design : Tie the knot Santorini – http://tietheknotsantorini.com
* Florist: Betty Flowers Santorini- http://www.bettyflowerssantorini.gr –
* Cakes: Alexandra’s Cakes – http://alexandravossou.wixsite.com/alexscakes
* Event Rentals: Weddings & Whimsy – https://www.weddingsandwhimsy.com
* Tableware: White Lilac http://www.whitelilac.gr
* Stationery: Bright White https://www.brightwhite.gr–
* Wedding Gowns: Made bride by Antonea https://madebride.gr
* Bridal shoes & Headpiece: Savrani Creations https://savranicreations.gr
* Hair Stylist : Marianna Nomikou https://www.facebook.com/HairstylingSantoriniMariannaNomik…/
* MUA: Renia Bledaki http://www.beauty-santorini.com
* Jewellery : http://www.kousvelaris.gr
* Groom attire : @kourlas_athens
* Groom shoes: www.kwnstantinoshoes.gr
* Man styling: http://www.itsamansclass.com
* Cinematography http://www.jimgrillas.com